Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Messages » Crowes Chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone hear why Luther is no more?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 pm 
Baby Weed

uofmtiger wrote:
"I refuse to listen to any "new" output they have put out since "Lions" was released."
Gay 1/21/2013

So you've never even listened to the new albums? Yet you review them? Do you work for Maxim?

Again, not taking any side, but why would you do that? We had actually started having a rational conversation about the Black Crowes music on a Black Crowes message board (weird, right!?!) and then you start it all back up for no apparent reason.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 pm 
Baby Weed

uofmtiger wrote:
"I refuse to listen to any "new" output they have put out since "Lions" was released."
Gay 1/21/2013

So you've never even listened to the new albums? Yet you review them? Do you work for Maxim?

"listened to once and threw into the river before completion" (both "Warpaint AND BTF..., I didn't even bother with UTF) and "listen to regularly while I imagine myself swinging from Luther Dickinson's hairy coinpurse while we both laugh like giddy schoolgirls" are two entirely different talkshows.

I'm in "camp A", and you're in "camp B".

and it shows.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:32 pm 
Greenhorn

transvaginalmesh wrote:
uofmtiger wrote:
Gay 1/21/2013

"listened to once and threw into the river before completion" (both "Warpaint AND BTF..., I didn't even bother with UTF) and "listen to regularly while I imagine myself swinging from Luther Dickinson's hairy coinpurse while we both laugh like giddy schoolgirls" are two entirely different talkshows.

I'm in "camp A", and you're in "camp B".

and it shows.

Welcome back, Mr. Chapman.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:46 pm 
Baby Weed

uofmtiger wrote:
Welcome back, Mr. Chapman.

If I'm gonna talk to fucking pussies, I may as well join them.

the accompanying avatar will be appros as well.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:19 pm 
Baby Weed

Hey.

Anyone have an idea why Luther isn't in the Crowes anymore :D ?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm 
Greenhorn

BuryMeOnThePrairie wrote:
Hey.

That's a good question. I was bummed he wasn't coming back. He brought a lot to the table. He can play his ass off. I'm very impressed with Warpaint. I feel like that is their most important album.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:26 pm 
Baby Weed

uofmtiger wrote:
That's a good question. I was bummed he wasn't coming back. He brought a lot to the table. He can play his ass off. I'm very impressed with Warpaint. I feel like that is their most important album.

This is a lame answer. I am bummed that you came here because no other board will have you. You bring nothing to the table. You play with yourself and with your asshole. I'm most impressed with your second meltdown, which is rare, as sequels usually don't measure up to the original. It was your most important work.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:53 pm 
Greenhorn

transvaginalmesh wrote:
uofmtiger wrote:

This is a lame answer. I am bummed that you came here because no other board will have you. You bring nothing to the table. You play with yourself and with your asshole. I'm most impressed with your second meltdown, which is rare, as sequels usually don't measure up to the original. It was your most important work.

Ladies and Gentlemen.....Gay!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 pm 
Greenhorn

uofmtiger wrote:
Hey.

If Southern Harmony, Amorica and 3 Snakes had never existed, you would never have known a Warpaint. Or any of their other shitty albums. The Crowes got to a good place because of those albums, and they are lingering about today because of those albums. Warpaint is treading water. The ship is about to sink and anyone still holding on is desperate to relive something that no longer exists nor will ever exist again.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:54 pm 
Greenhorn

barnwood wrote:
uofmtiger wrote:
Hey.

If Southern Harmony, Amorica and 3 Snakes had never existed, you would never have known a Warpaint. Or any of their other shitty albums. The Crowes got to a good place because of those albums, and they are lingering about today because of those albums. Warpaint is treading water. The ship is about to sink and anyone still holding on is desperate to relive something that no longer exists nor will ever exist again.

Wrong. Shake Your Moneymaker was the first album that hooked me. I grew up with Jeff Cease's cousin and was familiar with the Crowes before they ever signed a record deal. When I met Jeff after he was kicked out of the Crowes I was wearing a SHMC Concert T-shirt. Jeff told me next time we meet that "I need to wear a different shirt".

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:18 pm 
Greenhorn

uofmtiger wrote:
Wrong. Shake Your Moneymaker was the first album that hooked me. I grew up with Jeff Cease's cousin and was familiar with the Crowes before they ever signed a record deal. When I met Jeff after he was kicked out of the Crowes I was wearing a SHMC Concert T-shirt. Jeff told me next time we meet that "I need to wear a different shirt".

Hmmm, the comment wasn't really about you. It was about how those albums that I mentioned allow the Crowes to exist today. SYMM got them started for sure, that's what 'hooked' me as well. But the diehard fans would never have existed if all you ever got from the Crowes was SYMM and Warpaint. SYMM got my attention alright, but SHMC took me into a different realm that I did not exit out of until....hmmm, I don't know when. Do you mean to tell me that those 3 albums did nothing for you??? If not, then what in the hell were you doing in those years? I'm confused.

ps. unplug your computer now, you need to recharge your brain.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:28 pm 
Greenhorn

large rant typed, read and deleted cos its just drunken garbage

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 pm 
Greenhorn

barnwood wrote:
uofmtiger wrote:

Hmmm, the comment wasn't really about you. It was about how those albums that I mentioned allow the Crowes to exist today. SYMM got them started for sure, that's what 'hooked' me as well. But the diehard fans would never have existed if all you ever got from the Crowes was SYMM and Warpaint. SYMM got my attention alright, but SHMC took me into a different realm that I did not exit out of until....hmmm, I don't know when. Do you mean to tell me that those 3 albums did nothing for you??? If not, then what in the hell were you doing in those years? I'm confused.

ps. unplug your computer now, you need to recharge your brain.

Three Snakes is my favorite album. With Amorica ranked 2nd. But I love Warpaint and BTF/UTF as well.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:37 pm 
Baby Weed

uofmtiger wrote:

shut the fuck up, toddlers are incapable of speech.

or, you were fucking 4 years old when SYMM came out.

you must like the abuse.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 pm 
Greenhorn

transvaginalmesh wrote:
uofmtiger wrote:

shut the fuck up, toddlers are incapable of speech.

or, you were fucking 4 years old when SYMM came out.

you must like the abuse.

Mark David Chapman

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:23 pm 
Greenhorn

Croweology is a masterpiece

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:27 am 
Greenhorn

ok, so if Luther & Warpaint are so amazing & while we are talking about albums that got us hooked.... imagine if Warpaint was the Crowes FIRST album. Is there enough to hook you or want to see them in concert, or be interested in a follow up album?

I like warpaint as it happens, but not as a proper stellar album - more like a deep cut, In between album, album if you catch my drift. Beatles had lots of these experimental albums, but sadly for the Crowes this was intended as one of their 'rocks'

I think Chris needs to go incognito and work in Burger King or a call centre for a few months and get his feet back on the ground.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:33 am 
Baby Weed

uofmtiger wrote:
Croweology is a masterpiece

yet further unequivocal proof of how much you have to learn.

that is, if you were capable of original thought.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 am 
Greenhorn

Ruby Ring wrote:
ok, so if Luther & Warpaint are so amazing & while we are talking about albums that got us hooked.... imagine if Warpaint was the Crowes FIRST album. Is there enough to hook you or want to see them in concert, or be interested in a follow up album?

I like warpaint as it happens, but not as a proper stellar album - more like a deep cut, In between album, album if you catch my drift. Beatles had lots of these experimental albums, but sadly for the Crowes this was intended as one of their 'rocks'

I think Chris needs to go incognito and work in Burger King or a call centre for a few months and get his feet back on the ground.

Speaking of Warpaint, Goodbye Daughters is a great opener. Josephine is a top 10 song. Wounded Bird is a personal favorite. Whoa Mule is absolutely perfect and like I've already said Move it on Down the Line could have been on 3 Snakes. Love that album.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:38 am 
Greenhorn

Whoa Mule is pretty great.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:20 pm 
Greenhorn

speedking wrote:
large rant typed, read and deleted cos its just drunken garbage

- As opposed to the rest of the nonsense here.

Oh, and R. Ring - other than Magical Mystery Tour I can't think which Beatles albums from Rubber Soul onwards could fit into that category. Classics, every single one of them and each movng the picture further on than it was before.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:04 pm 
Baby Weed

to clarify...

a normal response to "what do you think about BTF...UTF?" would be:

"it's a play-it-safe, paint-by-numbers record by a band that hasn't written a ***new*** song that's been played regularly on the radio in well over a decade. while it does have passable, listenable moments (translation: a few decent songs, nothing more), and is much more 'inspired' than the awful slab known as "Warpaint", it is a bit overambitious, and may have done much better trimmed down to a single disc."

when I say I don't give a shit about people 'enamored' with BTF, it means just that, or the exact opposite of someone who would give a simple, honest assessment of their last effort a few years back, such as the above ^^^ statement.

however, if you're a nut-swinging, apple-knocking, pig-fucking, Kool-Aid drinking member of the "All Things Rainbow Robinson Family", who thinks "Before The Frost..." is a brilliant album from beginning to end and is an amazing chunk o' wax, then no, I don't give a fuck about you or what you have to say.

as to say BTF is "brilliant from beginning to end" is inherently dishonest, if not outright laughable.

as is their plan for releasing the "Butcher Sessions" of the 2010 tour...maybe in addition to not releasing the album on cd they'll cut Wal-Mart and iTunes out of the mix as well.

Peat Angelus: Marketing Executive of the DECADE!!!!

WE LOVE YOU PEAT!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 pm 
Greenhorn

transvaginalmesh wrote:
to clarify...

a normal response to "what do you think about BTF...UTF?" would be:

"it's a play-it-safe, paint-by-numbers record by a band that hasn't written a ***new*** song that's been played regularly on the radio in well over a decade. while it does have passable, listenable moments (translation: a few decent songs, nothing more), and is much more 'inspired' than the awful slab known as "Warpaint", it is a bit overambitious, and may have done much better trimmed down to a single disc."

when I say I don't give a shit about people 'enamored' with BTF, it means just that, or the exact opposite of someone who would give a simple, honest assessment of their last effort a few years back, such as the above ^^^ statement.

however, if you're a nut-swinging, apple-knocking, pig-fucking, Kool-Aid drinking member of the "All Things Rainbow Robinson Family", who thinks "Before The Frost..." is a brilliant album from beginning to end and is an amazing chunk o' wax, then no, I don't give a fuck about you or what you have to say.

as to say BTF is "brilliant from beginning to end" is inherently dishonest, if not outright laughable.

as is their plan for releasing the "Butcher Sessions" of the 2010 tour...maybe in addition to not releasing the album on cd they'll cut Wal-Mart and iTunes out of the mix as well.

Peat Angelus: Marketing Executive of the DECADE!!!!

WE LOVE YOU PEAT!

Mark David Chapman

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:59 pm 
Baby Weed

uofmtiger wrote:

How much did he lisp when he told you that?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 pm 
Greenhorn

Hey, I think I found out why Luther's not in the Crowes anymore.

He's doing some sort of lame-ass music 'fantasy camp' in which he spends a week at some resort in the Catskills pretending to enjoy answering stupid questions from sad motherfuckers who dropped over a grand* to spend five days asking musicians stupid questions.

Roots Rock Revival

*It only costs $999 if you sleep in your fucking tent with all your gear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » General Messages » Crowes Chat