It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:49 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:38 pm 
Baby Weed

Hi guys, been a while since I posted here. Today I checked out Boa's Ed tribute on Crowesbase and I was amazed to find these two studio tracks I'd never heard before. Is there anybody who can send me files of these tracks? I still have the habit of burning cd's to listen to in my car, so that's why.

As I traced the net for these files without any luck, I came upon this: http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtop ... &start=160

There are a number of interesting google drive links here, but all of them are void. The most interesting zip files are "More Lost Crowes" (includes Everybody and Unlikely + studio versions of Nothing Love Everything and Name Like Music) and "Dying From the Cure". This last one apparently has 6 studio tracks from 2005 (?), the only familiar title of which is It Takes One To Know One.

Anybody out there who can supply me (and any other TBC nut) with these zip files?

PEACE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:26 am 
Greenhorn

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by those two as well. Any further info--about those and what kozmic posted--would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:43 pm 
Greenhorn

Don't know much about the songs but Crowesbase has some info -

http://crowesbase.com/songlisting.cfm?SongID=473

http://crowesbase.com/songlisting.cfm?SongID=325

"Like four Jerry Maguires in age-inappropriate leather jackets, U2 only wanted you to show them the money."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:22 pm 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Yeah, I was pretty surprised by those two as well. Any further info--about those and what kozmic posted--would be greatly appreciated!
Meanwhile I've found out that the google drive files CAN be downloaded. Check 'em out & you're in for some nice surprises... Some of these unearthed studio tracks sound more like rehearsal takes than finished products though. Then again, there are a couple of true gems. Check out Entrance and Wind & Wood Heart for example, or the studio versions of Spider and Nothing Love Everything (as well as Everybody and Unlikely). I also dig Show Me What You Can Do (Dying from the Cure). Plus there are cool studio versions of Boomer, Hot Burrito #2 & Stand Back (Uncovered Crowes).

All in all I believe it's amazing that these songs have turned up after all these years. Apparently they were posted in May this year, perhaps as a belated reaction to the official news of the TBC break-up. If the supposed 2015 reunion had happened, it would have involved the official release of "new" rarities. Since these plans fell through some big-hearted Crowe head with access to these rarities must have realised that nobody else was going to share them with us fans... So thank you, whoever you are!

PEACE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:40 am 
Baby Weed

'Entrance' is a radically reworked 'Exit' taken from the 3 Snakes Sessions

'Everybody Has Scars' can be found as the instrumental jam before MMS on 3rd September 1995

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:21 am 
Greenhorn

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile I've found out that the google drive files CAN be downloaded. Check 'em out & you're in for some nice surprises... Some of these unearthed studio tracks sound more like rehearsal takes than finished products though. Then again, there are a couple of true gems. Check out Entrance and Wind & Wood Heart for example, or the studio versions of Spider and Nothing Love Everything (as well as Everybody and Unlikely). I also dig Show Me What You Can Do (Dying from the Cure). Plus there are cool studio versions of Boomer, Hot Burrito #2 & Stand Back (Uncovered Crowes).

All in all I believe it's amazing that these songs have turned up after all these years. Apparently they were posted in May this year, perhaps as a belated reaction to the official news of the TBC break-up. If the supposed 2015 reunion had happened, it would have involved the official release of "new" rarities. Since these plans fell through some big-hearted Crowe head with access to these rarities must have realised that nobody else was going to share them with us fans... So thank you, whoever you are!

PEACE
Holy shit. And thank YOU for the notice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:54 pm 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PEACE
By all means, glad I'm not the only one who's thrilled about these unearthed tracks. And apparently there's more, check out this:

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtop ... &start=140

This link is from the same forum of the previous link I sent. As you can see there's a post containing a shitload of (mainly) sendspace files, most of which can be found in the downloadable googledrive files. However, there are a couple of other interesting files/tracks there:

Appalachian Opera Minus the Opera (instrumental track from 1993)
TSHAMC sessions extras (I've had the "regular" TSHAMC sessions for years, so I'm wondering what the extras are)
Band sessions part 2 (perhaps part 1 + part 2 make up the Band sessions as we know them or is there more???)

PEACE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:05 am 
Greenhorn

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PEACE
By all means, glad I'm not the only one who's thrilled about these unearthed tracks. And apparently there's more, check out this:

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtop ... &start=140

This link is from the same forum of the previous link I sent. As you can see there's a post containing a shitload of (mainly) sendspace files, most of which can be found in the downloadable googledrive files. However, there are a couple of other interesting files/tracks there:

Appalachian Opera Minus the Opera (instrumental track from 1993)
TSHAMC sessions extras (I've had the "regular" TSHAMC sessions for years, so I'm wondering what the extras are)
Band sessions part 2 (perhaps part 1 + part 2 make up the Band sessions as we know them or is there more???)

PEACE

yeah, it's a bummer all those sendspace links are dead.

From the googledrive files, what is the album titled 'edited'? Are those the SHAMC sessions?

Also, the Big Toe album seems to be missing a couple tracks, as it contains 9 but I see that there were originally 11:

Setlist:

01. Things Get Better When I'm With You (Delanie and Bonnie)
02. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
03. Four Days Gone (Stephen Stills)
04. Mr. Big (Free)
05. Stranger In A Strange Land (Leon Russell)
06. Bell Bottom Blues (Derek and the Dominoes)
07. Take A Wiff On Me (Huddie Leadbetter)
08. Sweet Virginia (Rolling Stones)
09. Almost Cut My Hair (David Crosby)
10. Waiting For The Sun (Jayhawks)
11. Tobacco Road (Loudermilk)
http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=e ... b79c8688de

I ain't complainin', tho!

Last edited by Workshed on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:10 am 
Greenhorn

From the Dying from the Cure album:

Soft as a Lullabye - Sounds like Chris Reworked this into Sweet Sweet Lullabye from the new IYLHYWBHBN CRB album.

Spaces in Between - Chorus lyrics were reworked into California Hymn on the AYLWKHYF CRB album.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:00 am 
Greenhorn

Quote:

yeah, it's a bummer all those sendspace links are dead.

From the googledrive files, what is the album titled 'edited'? Are those the SHAMC sessions?

Also, the Big Toe album seems to be missing a couple tracks, as it contains 9 but I see that there were originally 11:

Setlist:

01. Things Get Better When I'm With You (Delanie and Bonnie)
02. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
03. Four Days Gone (Stephen Stills)
04. Mr. Big (Free)
05. Stranger In A Strange Land (Leon Russell)
06. Bell Bottom Blues (Derek and the Dominoes)
07. Take A Wiff On Me (Huddie Leadbetter)
08. Sweet Virginia (Rolling Stones)
09. Almost Cut My Hair (David Crosby)
10. Waiting For The Sun (Jayhawks)
11. Tobacco Road (Loudermilk)
http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=e ... b79c8688de

I ain't complainin', tho!
CORRECTION:

Take a Wiff & Sweet Virginia are part of the same track/jam, as are Almost Cut My Hair & Waiting for the Sun. Cool!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:24 am 
Baby Weed

Awesome - Thanks for unearthing these links. Looks like quite the treasure trove.

I've only downloaded More Lost Crowes at this point and I'm totally digging it.
I knew these songs were out there by browsing the Crowesbase Sessions and am psyched to finally hear these. Can't be much more studio stuff from the classic line-up in some form or fashion left after this?

Not only do you get the unreleased songs, but you get clean copies of Title Song, One Cop Story, Bitter, Bitter You, etc. I had these, but my copies sounded like a couple generations down the line and were a little muddy.

How are the songs on the Dying from the Cure download?

As an aside, after listening to The Fear Years, Bewildered and Exit, I always wished they would have pursued a totally Heavy sounding album with songs like that throughout. That would have been an interesting avenue to travel down.

Anyway, a big thank you to whoever originally posted these links and for re-posting the links here. If you haven't downloaded this yet, you need to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:01 pm 
Baby Weed

Quote:
From the Dying from the Cure album:

Soft as a Lullabye - Sounds like Chris Reworked this into Sweet Sweet Lullabye from the new IYLHYWBHBN CRB album.

Spaces in Between - Chorus lyrics were reworked into California Hymn on the AYLWKHYF CRB album.
Nobody Rides For Free contains the line "we are dirty & we all dream", which was obviously slightly changed and reheated for Whoa Mule.

BTW, I can really dig Right Where You Want Me (which starts off kinda like Magic Rooster Blues). Sounds like a pretty successful - albeit sketchy - Beatles pastiche.

PEACE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:30 am 
Greenhorn

Is there any way to get the sendspace stuff anymore somehow? Those links don't seem to work anymore. Some of this stuff has never seen the light of day, like Appalachian, Painkiller, etc. (we've only seen them on sessions lists). I never thought any of these titles would be unearthed. The biggest as-yet unheard list is the other stuff from the pre-By Your Side days, like Applalachian (tons of unreleased tunes from these sessions as per Crowesbase anyway).

Awesome that there is still stuff appearing (I was hoping some of the vault would be emptied since the band split). More official Lost Crowes volumes would be cool...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:24 pm 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Is there any way to get the sendspace stuff anymore somehow? Those links don't seem to work anymore. Some of this stuff has never seen the light of day, like Appalachian, Painkiller, etc. (we've only seen them on sessions lists). I never thought any of these titles would be unearthed. The biggest as-yet unheard list is the other stuff from the pre-By Your Side days, like Applalachian (tons of unreleased tunes from these sessions as per Crowesbase anyway).
Apparently the google drive links were reposted on the skyiscrape forum by MattA75. The original posts (incl. the sendspace stuff) were done by Trudatman. I believe that he is one of the admins on the Facebook page of "The Black Crowes for the people, by the people". I've tried to contact him, but to no avail so far.

I don't believe that the sendspace files contain a lot of surprises, Appalachian being one of them. Painkiller is included on More Lost Crowes (and was also included on the Tall sessions disc that's been circulating for many years now). Other interesting sendspace files supposedly contain studio versions of BOAF songs Cut From The Shadow and Late Nights Again.

I agree that the biggest lot of unearthed songs is the By Your Side Sessions. Let's hope that these will see the light of day any time soon...

PEACE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:16 am 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Quote:
Apparently the google drive links were reposted on the skyiscrape forum by MattA75. The original posts (incl. the sendspace stuff) were done by Trudatman. I believe that he is one of the admins on the Facebook page of "The Black Crowes for the people, by the people". I've tried to contact him, but to no avail so far.

I don't believe that the sendspace files contain a lot of surprises, Appalachian being one of them. Painkiller is included on More Lost Crowes (and was also included on the Tall sessions disc that's been circulating for many years now). Other interesting sendspace files supposedly contain studio versions of BOAF songs Cut From The Shadow and Late Nights Again.

I agree that the biggest lot of unearthed songs is the By Your Side Sessions. Let's hope that these will see the light of day any time soon...

PEACE
Does anyone know of a link for the Tall Sessions that isn't a torrent?
Many thanks to kozmic friend for sharing the google links.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:22 am 
Baby Weed

I missed out on the Sendspace files. Been looking for Appalachian Opera for years.
Can anybody hook me up?
Would be more than happy to return the favor.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:03 pm 
Baby Weed

Quote:
I missed out on the Sendspace files. Been looking for Appalachian Opera for years.
Can anybody hook me up?
Would be more than happy to return the favor.
Here you go:

Appalachian Opera Minus The Opera

a couple more:

Tomorrow Is Here BYS outtake, Rich later used the riff for Yesterday I Saw You on Paper
Feathers "guitar heavy version from Amorica sessions"

All of these were posted on Soundcloud by someone that went by the nickname "One Snake and Three Charms", both all of the songs posted and the user are long gone.
I believe, but this is my humble opinion only, that the user was Boa.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:13 pm 
Baby Weed

Thorn In My Pride 1991 session

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:06 am 
Baby Weed

Excellent. Thank you very much to all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:06 am 
Baby Weed

Thank you so much Corvonero! If there's more, keep it coming...

PEACE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:28 am 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Crowesbase: "This was first recorded in 1991 during the same session that produced Words You Throw Away, Miserable and the first version of Darling Of The Underground Press."

Very cool version with alternative lyrics, interesting stuff.

BTW, I never realised there was a studio recording of Miserable or a first (studio) version of DOTUP. Anybody willing & able to share these?

PEACE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:47 am 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Quote:
Crowesbase: "This was first recorded in 1991 during the same session that produced Words You Throw Away, Miserable and the first version of Darling Of The Underground Press."

BTW, I never realised there was a studio recording of Miserable or a first (studio) version of DOTUP. Anybody willing & able to share these?

PEACE
Can't help with Darling, but here's Miserable

[LINK REMOVED]

Last edited by JPJs Keyboard Solo on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:57 am 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PEACE

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive/sha ... _link_copy
Happy times for Crowesheads! Thanks!!!

PEACE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:23 am 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Thank you sir, never heard the studio take

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:03 am 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you sir, never heard the studio take
And I had never heard that Thorn outtake, so many thanks for that.