It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 8:36 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:02 pm 
Greenhorn

Wow, that is good stuff, thank you! Had no idea he had a new blog.

corvonero wrote:
Time to revive this thread (my favourite TBC thread in the last few years).
Boa has a new blog at crowesbase.net and he's been posting some gems in the last month.

Here are all of the direct links to get the stuff while it's hot:

2005-12-31 full show soundboard

Hotel Illness 2010-08-05 studio acoustic rehearsal

1997-01-13 full show soundboard

Cathy's Clown 2005-10-21 soundcheck

"Like four Jerry Maguires in age-inappropriate leather jackets, U2 only wanted you to show them the money."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:48 am 
Baby Weed

Did either of you download the MSG sbd? When I go on the site, all that is downloadable is an AUD. The Ten Years Gone track is clearly a sbd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:28 pm 
Greenhorn

Hey Corvonerno,

I downloaded the 12-31-05 show but the file does not open for me. Did you get a good download of it that you could share? thanks!!

chiefcrowe wrote:
Wow, that is good stuff, thank you! Had no idea he had a new blog.

corvonero wrote:
Time to revive this thread (my favourite TBC thread in the last few years).
Boa has a new blog at crowesbase.net and he's been posting some gems in the last month.

Here are all of the direct links to get the stuff while it's hot:

2005-12-31 full show soundboard

Hotel Illness 2010-08-05 studio acoustic rehearsal

1997-01-13 full show soundboard

Cathy's Clown 2005-10-21 soundcheck

"Like four Jerry Maguires in age-inappropriate leather jackets, U2 only wanted you to show them the money."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:27 pm 
Baby Weed

Me as well. Only got an AUD that I had previously of 12 31 05

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:24 pm 
Baby Weed

Regarding 2005-12-31: looks like the link has been changed and now it's an audience tape, i will look at the download i made a few days back and see if it's different from the current one or not.
Hold on tight, i will be back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:28 pm 
Baby Weed

thanks for checking!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 am 
Baby Weed

I downloaded that MSG show when it appeared and it's definitely the soundboard. Interesting that it's been replaced with the audience copy ...

Corvonero, to save you the trouble of uploading, it can be found here

[LINK REMOVED]

Last edited by JPJs Keyboard Solo on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:31 am 
Baby Weed

Thanks so much! Maybe it is the presence of the guests like Trey and Dirty Dozen that made it come down. Regardless, its nice to have the board since the AUDs are a little boomy and I think Boa himself taped one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:52 am 
Baby Weed

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I tagged the tracks and put the poster from the show in there

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 am 
Baby Weed

Many auds can be found here on OneDrive as well

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... 004E8F1E88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:13 pm 
Greenhorn

I was at the show that night when they played Cathy along with various luminaries from the Malibu nights, so thanks for the blast from the past! I think one or two of my own brothers went that night as well as my Bro Crowe Joe and his son. It was a great night!
Ann (DC) commented somewhere that she thought it was funny that me and Drew didn't recognize each other!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:58 pm 
Greenhorn

Thanks for reposting that JPJ!

Man that 2005 LA run was amazing.. i should listen to some of those shows again...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:27 am 
Greenhorn

chiefcrowe wrote:
Thanks for reposting that JPJ!

Man that 2005 LA run was amazing.. i should listen to some of those shows again...

Ya it's a shame I only caught one of the Fonda shows that year. I did see them at Yale University and in Devore with Petty, so the year wasn't totally wasted from lost opportunities. The show at The Fonda was special, though!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:27 pm 
Greenhorn

Listening to the MSG show for the first time since that night... it sounds SO good! Thanks again for posting it!

The mini Zep set was such a shock. So cool to hear Marc with the Crowes playing Zeppelin! I forgot about the horn section too. It was nice to hear the guitar jamming clearly in Wiser, Thorn and Morning Song and I could hear the keys more clearly throughout the show.
Street Fighting Man was a pretty sweet surprise too as I recall.

Found these photos since there were none on the Crowesbase. It looked like they were having a really great time!

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/event ... al#license

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:53 pm 
Baby Weed

I remember being disappointed by this show but I often have too high expectations for shows . Especially that one. It seemed like a celebration and vindication of my TBC obsession. I remember feeling that the venue was too big for them. Their songs were never meant for arenas, only theaters. Not that that is a failure. When I see the Stoned play Brown Sugar at MSG size places I usually think how fucking boring.

Only band/artist I have seen make effective use of a sports arena is the boss. His songs have the appropriate bombast and emotional weight. Seeing U2 soon and think they might also qualify.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:57 am 
Greenhorn

Yeah, they are really not a band for such big venues but still I think they pulled it off pretty well. I knew that a smaller headlining show would always be better.
I thought the setlist was a good mix of popular songs and stuff they don't play as much, except for lickin. no idea why that made it in there!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am 
Baby Weed

Really sorry to be so late to the party, but I haven't been here in ages so I missed all the fun. I've been able to get the material that was uploaded to Google Drive, but not the other material (that included Appalachian Opera). Is there any way that someone would be able to post a working link?

Thanks very much!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:15 am 
Greenhorn

tad1230 wrote:
Really sorry to be so late to the party, but I haven't been here in ages so I missed all the fun. I've been able to get the material that was uploaded to Google Drive, but not the other material (that included Appalachian Opera). Is there any way that someone would be able to post a working link?

Thanks very much!

I uploaded the stuff I managed to grab from this thread here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/osw8zi8fw47ust5/AACfe4hdh0YpQW1-tzpun3YEa?dl=0

There's some stuff I missed as the links were dead already when I got here, but I think it has the most interesting stuff in it at least.

I'll leave that stuff up there for a while as I've currently got plenty of space in my dropbox.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:26 am 
Baby Weed

Thanks so much, JayB! Truly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:10 pm 
Baby Weed

Hi there - big fan of the Crowes 5-6 years ago I spend a lot of nights searching for unreleased stuff and amongst other things finally got the Original Band sessions and could not believe I missed it… I just found the Skyscraber Google drives and got the lot and to get Spiders in a studio-version is beyond!

My search for the songs from the sendspace links that are dead led me here…
Any chance of re-up links to: Appalacian Opera Minus The Opera, Cut From The Shadow, Late Nights Again, Baby, Miserable, Thorn 91 and Tomorrow is Here?

I can't believe I missed the chance 1st time around… Crossing my fingers!

PS a question for you guys is the Black Crowes session 2006 from Skyscraber links Black Crowes demos or Chris Robinson solo? Maybe Rich, Chris and Paul Stacey?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:53 am 
Baby Weed

Can someone please help grab these... Longtime missing a bunch of these... Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 am 
Baby Weed

bjmjpl2 wrote:
Can someone please help grab these... Longtime missing a bunch of these... Thank you

Here is a link to a Dropbox folder where you can download some of these goodies.
What i put in there so far:

Appalachian Opera Minus The Opera
Baby
Cathy's Clown (soundcheck 2005-10-19)
Hotel Illness (studio rehearsal 2010-08-05)
It's All For You (live 2005-10-01)
Jealous Guy (studio outtake 1991)
Miserable (studio outtake 1991)
My Morning Song (studio outtake 1992)
Stand Back
Sting Me Slow (studio rehearsal 1992)
Thorn In My Pride (studio outtake 1991)
Tomorrow is Here

I'll try to add a few more and update the list as soon as i can.
In the meantime: anybody having uncirculated gems that you would like to share ... please do :lol:
Post your links or send them to me so that i can add them in the folder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:51 am 
Greenhorn

Thanks for posting those corvonero!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:45 am 
Baby Weed

TTTTTHHHHHAAAANNNNKKKKK YYYYOOOOUUUUU!!!!!

woohoo!

:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 am 
Baby Weed

Hello everyone! I hope there are a few people left on here. I've been on a crazy BC kick lately and have gotten a little obsessed about finding some hidden gems. I'm revisiting a few places where there might be some of us who have some goodies to share in hopes of adding some great tunes to my collection. Now, some of you hardcore fans will probably know more about these songs than I but I'm hoping that a few of these are out there and available. Here is a list of the songs I'm looking for. Might be a shot in the dark but if any of these are out there, I'd love a copy. Hope to hear from you!

One last note - I know a couple of these are available but I have them in low quality or have errors in the files, so if you have these tracks in good quality, please send them along.

Have a great day! - Brian

Grows A Rose
The Pretty Gurl Song
Charming Mess
Waiting Guilty
Sad Brown Eyes
It’s All For You
It Takes One To Know One
Hole In Your Soul
One Man’s Anger
Night Comes Falling
Hole In Your Soul
Little Lizzie Mae
Oh Sweet Nuthin’
You’re Wrong
Grinnin’

Not sure if these ever came out:
Black Tango
Bruises And Pills
Movin’ On
Natural Born Turn It On
Ready For Rain
Share My Blanket

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next